Heavy trash service is provided on resident's second trash service day.
Heavy trash service guidelines:
- Set your heavy trash items out by 7 a.m. on your collection day, but no earlier than 6 p.m. the evening before.
- Place heavy trash items curbside with at least four feet from other objects.
- Green waste is collected on the second pick up day.
- Bag leaves and wood material items will not be picked up if they are not bagged.
- Branches and limbs must be bundled and tied in lengths not to exceed 5 feet in length (does not include tree trunks or root balls).
- Loose lumber must be less than 5 feet and bundled together.
- Aggregate weight of tree limbs and/or lumber must not exceed 300 pounds.
- Yard trimmings shall be securely tied together and shall not exceed 5 feet in length or 50 pounds in weight.
- Carpet must be bound and not exceed 5 feet and must not weigh more than 50 pounds. No more than 6 rolls per pick-up.
- Shall not include items or materials which cannot be safely lifted and placed upon a truck by 2 people.
Contact 281-585-3200 with questions about what AmeriWaste Services will accept or to request a pick-up.
Non-serviceable Items (by AmeriWaste )
AmeriWaste Services will not pick-up the following items:
- Cabinetry and Counter Tops
- Car Batteries
- Car Ports
- Construction Debris (any waste materials resulting from construction, remodeling, repair, or demolition)
- Hardy Plank
- Hazardous Waste
- Car Oil
- Cooking Oil
- Oil-based paints
- Spray cans
- Highly Flammable or Explosive Items
- Propane Tanks
- Radioactive Materials
- Sheet Rock
- Toxic or Bi-Hazardous Waste
Construction debris is considered any waste materials resulting from construction, remodeling, repair, or demolition.
All construction debris is the responsibility of the resident and shall be collected in roll-offs and disposed of at a Type IV Landfill. To order a roll-off, contact Hill Sand Inc. at 281-482-1213. To dispose of a smaller amount construction debris, a dumpster bag, purchased from your local home improvement store, can be disposed of for a $75 pick-up fee by AmeriWaste. Please contact AmeriWaste at 281-585-3200 for additional questions and details.
Customers looking to dispose of refrigerators, air conditioners, or other cooling devices are responsible for properly dealing with Freon disposal before the items are picked up. The item must be tagged by a Freon removal company before AmeriWaste picks it up.
Disposal Sites for Non-Serviceable Items
- Antifreeze, diesel, brake fluid and transmission fluid: Kwik Car
- Car batteries: Any local automotive store
- Car oil and oil filter: O'Reilly and Auto Zone
- Car tire and trailer tire disposal: Discount Tire and Liberty Tire (disposal fee applies per company)
AmeriWaste offers an on-demand household special collections program. Residents will be able to make a phone call to dispose of refrigerators, freezers, televisions, computers and paint. AmeriWaste will also conduct a yearly hazardous waste collection for League City residents.
Have a question about the new trash collection zones or provider? View a list of frequently asked questions (PDF), or contact the city at 281-554-1100. Citizens may also call AmeriWaste directly at 281-585-3200.
- 3935 Avenue A
Santa Fe, TX 77510
- 21000 East Highway 6
Alvin, TX 77511
- 4649 Dixie Farm Road
Pearland, TX 77581