Section 114-227. - Definitions
For the purpose of this plan, the following definitions shall apply:
- Aesthetic water use shall mean water use for ornamental or decorative purposes such as fountains, reflecting pools, and water gardens.
- Commercial and institutional water use shall mean water use that is integral to the operations of commercial and non-profit establishments and governmental entities such as retail establishments, hotels and motels, restaurants, and office buildings.
- Conservation shall mean those practices, techniques, and technologies that reduce the consumption of water, reduce the loss or waste of water, improve the efficiency in the use of water, or increase the recycling and reuse of water so that a supply is conserved and made available for future or alternative uses.
- Customer shall mean any person, company, or organization using water supplied by the city.
- Director of public works shall mean the city's director of public works or his / her designee.
- Domestic water use shall mean water use for personal needs or for household or sanitary purposes such as drinking, bathing, heating, cooking, or sanitation or for cleaning a residence, business, industry, or institution.
- Even numbered address shall mean street addresses, box numbers, or rural postal route numbers ending in 0, 2, 4, 6, or 8 and locations without addresses.
- Industrial water use shall mean the use of water in processes designed to convert materials of lower value into forms having greater usability and value.
- Landscape irrigation use shall mean water used for the irrigation and maintenance of landscaped areas, whether publicly or privately owned, including residential and commercial lawns, gardens, golf courses, parks, rights-of-way, and medians.
- Non-essential water use shall mean water uses that are not essential or required for the protection of public health, safety and welfare, including:
- Irrigation of landscape areas, including parks, athletic fields, and golf courses, except as otherwise provided under this plan
- Use of water to wash any motor vehicle, motorbike, boat, trailer, airplane, or other vehicle
- Use of water to wash down any sidewalks, walkways, driveways, parking lots, tennis courts, or other hard-surfaced areas
- Use of water to wash down buildings or structures for purposes other than immediate fire protection
- Flushing gutters or permitting water to run or accumulate in any gutter or street
- Use of water to fill, refill, or add to any indoor or outdoor swimming pool or Jacuzzi-type pools
- Use of water in a fountain or pond for aesthetic or scenic purposes, except when necessary to support aquatic life
- Failure to repair a controllable leak within a reasonable period after having been given notice directing the repair of such leak and use of water from hydrants for construction purposes or any other purpose other than fire fighting
- Odd numbered address shall mean street addresses, box numbers, or rural postal route numbers ending in 1, 3, 5, 7, or 9.
(Ordinance Number 2002-26, § 2, 4-23-2002)