Media Relations/Public Information Office
The League City Police Department Public Information Office (PIO) exists to foster a relationship of mutual respect and cooperation with news media representatives. The role of the PIO is to assist members of the media in completing the task of gathering information and reporting news events impacting our community. We believe a collaborative relationship with the media is another valuable mechanism for LCPD to actively pursue, cultivate and encourage a partnership of trust with the citizens we serve.
Reporting directly to the Chief of Police, the Public Information Office serves as the direct liaison between the Department and the members of the media. Good rapport with media representatives is mutually beneficial: the media receives timely, accurate information for publication and broadcast, while the law enforcement community benefits from the media’s enhanced dissemination capabilities to publicize Department initiatives.
The Public Information Office routinely disseminates information regarding the mission of the League City Police Department, crime prevention efforts, Department-sponsored events, response to critical incidents, public safety initiatives and day-to-day operations.
Additionally, the PIO duties include:
- Liaison with all media outlets
- News Release creation and distribution
- Maintenance, content creation, and response on all Department social media sites
- Facilitation of media interview access to Department employees and/or assist in gaining access to police facilities and equipment
- Press conference coordination
- Staffing of Emergency Operations Center Public Information Officer position
- Annual meeting/survey with media representatives to resolve issues
- Requests for assistance by motion picture/television writers, producers, directors, etc.
- We do not speak for other agency cases.
- Official requests for reports are handled by our Records Management Services and can be obtained here.
- By law, the Department can not release a photo of our officers without the officer’s consent.
Join the Conversation
- Blackboard Connect (mass notification system)
- MyPD app for iPhone and Android
- Twitter @LeagueCityPD
Hours of Operation
Direct access to the PIO is available Monday through Thursday 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. and Friday 8 a.m. to noon at 281-554-1844 or email Kelly Williamson. Outside of normal hours, please contact our non-emergency number at 281-332-2566 and request to speak with an on-duty supervisor.