Police Officer Openings
Police Officer Information
Civil Service Test Registration
Registration for the next Civil Service Entrance Exam is now open. The exam will be administered on February 8, 2019 at 7:00 pm at the Johnnie Arolfo Civic Center, 400 W. Walker St., League City. The physical assessment will be administered the following morning, Saturday February, 9, 2019, at 8:00 am. for applicants who pass the written exam. Click on the following link to register for the exam:
Prior to testing, we will be hosting a Police Officer Candidate Orientation event on January 12, 2019 at 9:00 am, at the League City Police Department, 555 W. Walker, League City. The event is not mandatory. The orientation will give candidates a chance to ask questions and gather insight on how the testing and hiring procedure works. If you would like to participate in the Physical Assessment pre-test on January 12, please dress accordingly (see Physical Assessment test requirements on Police Officer Information page).If you wish to register for the orientation, click on the following link:
All information in reference to eligibility, hiring, and benefits can be found on this website. For more information, call 281-554-1900 or email the recruiting office.
Thank you for your interest in becoming a League City Police Officer. A career with the League City Police Department is both exciting and personally fulfilling. We serve the largest city in Galveston County and are experiencing tremendous growth both within our community and our department.
With this growth comes the opportunity to make a real difference in people’s lives. We are looking for role models who are committed to serving their community with professionalism, respect, integrity, dedication, and excellence. Only a few will have the privilege to wear the badge of a League City Police Officer. Do you have what it takes? View the following for more information:
A Great Place to Work
League City Police Officers enjoy a competitive salary and benefits package including educational incentive pay, bilingual pay, paid vacations, and paid sick leave. Officers who are certified with at least three years experience are eligible for a $5000 signing bonus. In addition, we have comprehensive medical, dental, and retirement plans.
The Selection Process
The selection process is thorough and may take several weeks. All applicants must successfully pass each of the following phases in order to qualify for a position:
- Applicants meet all City of League City eligibility requirements
- Applicants take a written exam. View a parctice exam.
- Applicants take a physical/functional capacity test
- Applicants are interviewed by an oral review board
- A background investigation is conducted
- A polygraph examination is administered
- A medical examination and drug testing is done
- A psychological test and evaluation is performed
- The applicant is hired
Personal History Packet
Anyone who passes the civil service exam and the physical assessment test is required to submit a personal history packet to continue with the hiring process. The deadline to submit the packet will be announced on the day of the exam. No packets will be accepted until after testing is completed.
The packet should be completed fully and accurately. To ensure that the packet is submitted by the deadline, it is recommended that you begin completing the packet now. The completed packet (PDF) and applicable required documents (listed on page 47) should be submitted to the Human Resources Department located at 300 West Walker by scheduling an appointment for drop-off at 281-554-1010. Note: If you have trouble opening the Personal History Statement packet, you will need to do one of the following:
- Try using a different browser: Safari, Firefox, Mozilla, Chrome, or Internet Explorer
- Right click on the link and save the file to your desktop. Open the file, complete the forms, and print.
- Install the proper Adobe add-on for the browser you are using to open the packet.
- Certified applicants enter the field training program.
- Non-certified applicants are sent to a local police academy. The academy will be chosen and paid for by the department. The cadet will be paid while going through the academy (See Pay Scale PN1). Upon completion of the academy, cadets will enter the field training program.
Our Department also offers the following career opportunities:
- Combined Area Response Team (SWAT)
- Commercial Motor Vehicle Enforcement
- Crime Analyst Officer
- Community Outreach
- Crime Prevention
- Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA) Task Force
- Field Training Officer
- Hostage Negotiator
- Motorcycle Officer
- Traffic Enforcement Officer
- Training Officer
- Bicycle Officer
- K-9 Officer