The City of League City’s Utility Billing Department is
currently working to resolve a number of billing issues related to a software
conversion that took place earlier this year. As a result, the City has
delayed sending all utility billing statements, both in electronic and paper
format, for the May 2019 billing cycle. While City staff collaborates with
the software vendor to correct the issues, all late penalties have been
suspended, and no customer will be disconnected for non-payment.
In addition, all auto-draft payments for utility billing
customers have been suspended. This includes bank auto drafts and auto drafts
set up on a credit or bank card. Until further notice, customers can
pay their water bill in the following ways:
- Make a one-time credit/bank card payment by logging into the Citizen Self-Service Portal. This portal is relatively new (March 2019). If you have not done so already, you will need to create an account using your new account number and new customer ID/CID number found on your most recent water bill, along with a new user-name and password.
- Make a credit/bank card payment over the phone by calling 281-554-1335, option #1 (hours of operation are Monday through Thursday 7:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. and Friday 7:30 a.m. to noon).
- Pay by check, cash, or credit/bank card in person at the cashier’s window located on the first floor of City Hall (300 W. Walker Street) or the drive through window located at the west side of City Hall (hours of operation are Monday through Thursday 7:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. and Friday 7:30 a.m. to noon).
- Drop off a check at the 24-hour drop box located between City Hall and the Civic Center.
- Mail a check to City of League City, PO Box 2008, League City, TX 77574-2008.
We apologize for the inconvenience and frustration this has
caused. We know many customers have questions about their account and payment
status. To assist, we have created a list of Frequently Asked Questions and have created a call center at 281-554-1335, option #2, for those wishing to speak with a customer service representative. The call
center is open Monday through Thursday 7:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. and Friday 7:30
a.m. to noon.
You can also check your account status, billing history, and current payment status by logging into the Citizen Self-Service Portal.
We recommend you bookmark this link on your computer. If you are having
difficulty logging in, you may be using an “old” link and/or using your
user-name and password from the previous system. If you are still having
difficulty logging in, call 281-554-1335, option #2, to speak with a customer
Once again, we apologize for this inconvenience and give you
our assurances that we are working to resolve this issue as quickly as