The following requires a permit:
- Residential additions including: Patio Covers, Storage sheds (larger than 120 square feet., room additions, etc.)
- Re-roof, if over 100 square feet (1 square) of shingles/roofing is to be replaced
- Water heater replacement
- Air conditioning unit replacement
- Gas reconnections
- Electrical reconnections
- Sprinkler systems
- Swimming pools, including hot tubs and spas over 24 inches deep
- Foundation repairs and re-adjustments
- Building demolition
- New and replacement paving (sidewalks, driveways, patios, parking, etc.)
- Permanent and temporary signs, banners, and handbills - see the Sign Permit Application (PDF).
- House or building moving - if the structure will be moved within or into League City and if the structure is over 8 feet wide and/or 12 feet long, then a permit will be required. Contact the League City Police Department first to have the route approved.
Visit our permits page for more information.