2020 Aquatic Season
The 2020 public swimming hours will take place Saturday, June 15 through Monday, September 7. Please check the schedules below for holiday hours, public swim hours, and expected pool closures for the summer season.
Lifeguard Training & Seasonal Hiring
The City of League City is looking for mature lifeguards with positive attitudes and a good work ethic to join our team for the 2020 season. Lifeguard interviews begin in February and will conclude by April 30th or when all spots have been filled. Lifeguard Training Flyer
Things to know before you apply:
- You do not have to hold a certification to apply! But you do need to show that you are enrolled in a training class that will certify you as an American Red Cross Lifeguard on or before May 4th, 2020.
- Scheduling can begin as early as March 21st on a limited basis; most lifeguards will begin work by May 18th for orientation.
- During the summer season, lifeguards are required to work 30-40 hours per week with a flexible schedule, including nights and weekends.
- Vacation days and time off are not paid, not guaranteed, and are limited based on schedule availability of the team.
- Starting pay-rate for League City Lifeguards is $12 per hour.
- Staff are expected to work the entire season, which ends on Labor Day (September 7th, 2020).
- Must be age 15 by April 30th 2020, and have reliable transportation to and from work.
How to apply: Click this link to apply online for the 2020 aquatics season. Paper applications not accepted.
Youth Swimming Lessons
Our next session of swim lessons will start in the Summer. Registration will open June 3rd for League City residents and June 10th for Non-residents. Summer 2020 Swim Lesson Flyer * Instructors will not have any physical contact with participants. If a participant is unable to safely be in the water on their own a parent will be required to be in the water with the participant. Only the participant and parent/guardian will be allowed inside the pool area. Other siblings or family members will not be permitted
Join our water exercise classes and work your way to that physical goal! We offer both traditional water aerobics classes as well as an adaptive class for those with physical and mental disabilities.
Outdoor Pool Schedules
League City has two outdoor public swimming pools to choose from: Walker Pool and Hometown Heroes Park pool. Currently both pools are open. Walker Pool is closed on Mondays and Hometown Heroes Park pool is closed on Mondays.
All program registration must take place in person at Hometown Heroes Park (1001 East League City Parkway), or online if you have an account set up. There is no phone or email registration. All first time registrants must register in person to set up a household account and will need to provide a driver’s license. If you are a League City Resident, you must also bring a copy of your water bill to get the League City resident rate for all programs and events.
- Residents and non-residents have different registration start dates listed on the attached flyers for each program/event.
- Registration deadlines are also listed. Registrations will not be accepted after the deadline listed or capacity is reached.