Circulating materials may check out for three weeks (21 days) with the exception of entertainment movies (DVDs), which check out for one week (7 days). VIP cards may keep some materials for up to four weeks (28 days).
Number of Items Checked out at Once
The total limit for items checked out at any given time is 99. You may check out up to 10 DVDs and up to 20 CDs that will count toward your 99 items limit total.
Lost Library Card
If you lose your library card, simply come to the Circulation Desk in the library and request a replacement card. There is a $2 charge for each card replaced. You must present photo ID with name and current address to get a replacement card.
Fines, Fees, & Payments
- Any account that has a fine of $20 or more will be suspended until payment can be made on the account.
- Any financial obligation of $20 or more posted on any account for which you are the guarantor will cause all associated family accounts to be blocked and your borrowing privileges suspended until the balance on each account is under the $20 limit.
- For lost or damaged items you will be charged the cost of the item plus a non-refundable processing fee of $5 per item. If the lost item is found within a year and you have your original receipt of payment, a refund can be requested. All refunds are paid by the City of League City. Refund requests are not honored after one year.
- Payments for fines can be made in person at Helen Hall Library. Accepted payment methods are:
- Cashiers’ checks
- Money orders
- Personal or business checks (with identification)
- Travelers checks
- Visa, and MasterCard
- We do not accept PayPal, Apple Pay, or Google Pay.
- Overdue items accrue fines at a rate of ten cents per item, per day up to $5 with the exception of entertainment movies (DVDs) which are one dollar per movie, per day up to $5 for any individual item.