Senior Citizen Programs
At this time, the League City Parks Recreation Department is not able to provide transportation to and from our facility for listed activities. All individuals must complete a release of liability prior to attending first class or activity. Membership or Fitness Drop-in is required to participate in any class and/or activity.Always consult your health care professional before beginning a new exercise program. Your health care professional may help determine how to judge type and level of exercise safe for you.
All participation will require pre-registration. Registration will be first come first serve. Registration opens the week prior to class on Wednesdays at 9:00 a.m. for League City residents and on Thursday at 9:00 a.m. for non-residents.
**Registration Schedule Changes**
- Hometown Heroes will be closed on November 11th. Registration for classes the week of November 16th will take place on November 12th at 9am for League City residents and at 12pm for non-residents.
- Hometown Heroes will be closed on November 26th. Registration for classes the week of November 30th will take place on November 25th at 9am for League City residents and at 12pm for non-residents.
- Hometown Heroes will be closed on December 24th. Registration for classes the week of December 28th will take place on December 23rd at 9am for League City residents and at 12pm for non-residents.
- Aerobic Class Schedule: Effective November 9th
- Aerobic Class Schedule: November 23-25th ONLY
- Pickleball Class Schedule: Effective November 9
- Pickleball Class Schedule: November 23-25th ONLY
|Resident Membership||Resident Daily Drop-in||Non-Resident Membership||Non-Resident Daily Drop-in|
|55 years and older||Free||Free||$25/year||$8 daily|
|54 years and younger||$95/year||$8 daily||$145/year||$12 daily|
|Ballroom Only Membership||$25/year||$3 daily||$37.50/year||$5 daily|
Class location: The Ceramic Center (900 TX-3, League City, TX 77573
Date: 2nd and 4th Wednesday of the month (except November: 1st and 3rd Wednesday)
Time: 1 or 6 p.m.
Class Fee: Residents: $5/ Non-Residents: $35 (per session)
|January session||December 2||December 16|
|February session||January 6||January 20|
|March Session||February 3||February 17|
|April Session||March 3||March 17|
|May Session||April 7||April 21|
No formal instruction. All ages welcome.
The original dance workout with movements that are influenced by basic jazz dance steps: Jazzercise Lite pairs moderate aerobics with exercises/movements designed to improve strength, balance and flexibility.
The steps are simple and you do not need a dance partner, ideals for singles and non-dancers.This choreographed dance involves a repeated sequence of steps in which a group of people dance line up in rows, facing the same direction and executing the steps at the same time.
Pilates and Tai-Chi come together to strengthen and balance your body.
Pickleball is a paddle-ball sport (similar to a racquet sport) that combines elements of tennis, badminton, and table tennis. Two or four players use solid paddles made of wood or composite materials to hit a perforated polymer ball over a net. Pickleball dimensions and layout is similar to a badminton court.
Social Dance Lessons
Dance instruction includes Country, Ballroom, Latin and Swing sessions!
In this class, we have seniors expressing themselves through water media while enjoying fellowship with other artisans. Beginner class is an introduction to water/mixed media.
Yoga is defined as an activity about creating balance in the body through developing both strength and flexibility. This low impact workout leaves you feeling great.
This is a dance fitness workout for the active older adult featuring upbeat rhythms in every dance routine. Show aging who’s boss with the Zumba Gold Program. The program promotes a workout that feels like a party while it revitalizes your body.