Youth Swimming Lessons
Currently we offer swim lessons during the Spring, Summer and Fall. Registration for our swim lessons can be done online or in person at Hometown Heroes Park. To register online, an account with League City Parks and Recreation is needed. If you have any questions, call 281-554-1180.
League City has created levels for the Youth Swim Lessons. The below descriptions will guide your decision on which level to register your child. Parent/Tot and Preschool, ages 3-4, are offered in the Summer sessions only.
- Parent/Tot: 6mo -3 yrs. Instructors will introduce parents and children to water acclimation and exploration through games and songs. There are no pre-requisites for this class.
- Preschool/Beginner Level: 3yrs – 14 years. Participants do not need to have any water skills. Participants will be introduced to water basics such as water acclimation and exploration, breath control, floating etc.
- Intermediate: 3yrs – 14 years. Participants should feel comfortable being in and under the water. Participants should be able to demonstrate breath control, coordinated arm and leg action, floating and sculling. Participants will be introduced to front crawl and back crawl swim strokes.
- Advanced: 5yrs – 14 yrs. Participants should be able to swim independently. Advanced participants will refine front crawl and back crawl strokes and be introduced to breaststroke, butterfly, elementary backstroke, and diving basics.
|Resident Registration||Resident Fee||Non-Resident Registration||Non-Resident Fee|
|Session 1: March 29th to April 21st||February 3rd||$50||February 17th||$75|
|Session 2: April 26th to May 19th||February 3rd||$50||February 17th||$75|
- Youth Swim Levels, Ages 5-14: 6:15 p.m. and 7 p.m.
- Adult, Ages 15+: 5:30 p.m.
Adult Swim Lessons
Ages 15+ This class is designed for adults with a broad range of swimming skills, however it is not a class for very experienced swimmers looking for a master’s program. No swimming requirements needed to enter class.
Rain Out Policy & Procedure
In the event of inclement weather, your class will be canceled one hour before it’s start time. All Rain out updates will be posted online at Teamsideline. It will show which classes have been canceled and the makeup day that has been scheduled. Updates will only be posted on the website listed above.
We do not offer make-up classes for sick or other miscellaneous absences from class. The only make-up classes offered are for inclement weather cancellations.
Creating an Account (Household)
Household accounts can now be created online. To create an account, visit: Online Parks and Rec Registration and click on new account and fill in the required fields. Please make sure to add everyone living in your household, including children. After setting up your household account, League City residents must email a copy of their water bill to Katrina Hersh at firstname.lastname@example.org to verify residency and have their account approved. Households must be approved before any registration can occur. Accounts can take up to 72 hours to be approved.
Accounts can also be created in person at Hometown Heroes Park. League City residents will need to bring in a valid ID and their League City water bill. Non-residents will need to bring in a valid ID.