Hiring Process & Registration
Registration For The May 2021 Civil Service Entrance Exam Is Now Open!
The Entrance Exam will be administered Friday evening, May 7, 2021 at 7:00 pm at Hometown Heroes Park, 1001 E. League City Pkwy, League City.
For those applicants who pass the written exam, the physical assessment test will be administered the following day, Saturday, May 8, 2021.
Click on the following link to register for the exam:
Recruiting Event At LCPD
Recruiting events at LCPD is for those thinking about a career in Law Enforcement and joining the League City Police Department.
Attendees will be introduce to our Recruiting team and be able to ask questions during a small presentation. Following the Q&A session, a brief station tour will be given. Attendees will then be given the opportunity to practice our Physical Assessment Test (P.A.T). The Practice P.A.T is given at the same standards as our Official P.A.T. Those who choose to practice the P.A.T, can practice all or any portion of the test (minus the mile and half run). Please come dressed in PT gear if you plan on practicing the P.A.T.
This is an informal event, and we welcome all who are interested in joining the League City Police Department Team.
Events will be held on the following dates and times:
1. April 8, 2021 @ 6 p.m. (Thursday)
2. April 17, 2021 @ 9 a.m. (Saturday)
3. April 28, 2021 @ 6 p.m. (Wednesday)
When registering for the Recruiting Event at LCPD, please place a 1, 2 or 3 before your last name to indicate which event you would like to attend.
Example: ( # last name, first name ) 2 Doe, John
To register for the Recruiting Event at LCPD, following the link below and complete the form.
A confirmation email will NOT be sent back to you at this time.
- Meet all eligibility requirements.
- Pass written portion of civil service exam.
- Pass physical assessment test.
- Pass comprehensive background investigation.
- Pass oral review board.
- Complete and turn in personal history packet.
- Pass polygraph, medical exam, and drug test.
- Pass psychological test and evaluation.
- Official offer of employment.
- Certified applicants enter the field training program.
- Non-certified applicants are sent to a local police academy. The academy will be chosen and paid for by the department. The cadet will be paid while going through the academy, cadets will enter the field training program.
Personal History Statement (Background packet)
All applicants must successfully pass each of the following steps in order to be considered for employment with the League City Police Department. The process is thorough and will take between 80-180 days.
Anyone who passes the civil service exam and the physical assessment test is required to submit a personal history statement to continue with the hiring process. The deadline to submit the packet will be announced on the day of the exam. No packets will be accepted until after testing is completed.
The packet should be completed fully and accurately. To ensure that the packet is submitted by the deadline, it is recommended that you begin completing the packet now. The Personal History Statement (PDF) and applicable required documents (listed on page 47) should be submitted to the Human Resources Department located at 300 West Walker by scheduling an appointment for drop-off at 281-554-1010. Note: If you have trouble opening the Personal History Statement packet, you will need to do one of the following:
- Try using a different browser: Safari, Firefox, Mozilla, Chrome, or Internet Explorer
- Right click on the link and save the file to your desktop. Open the file, complete the forms, and print.
- Install the proper Adobe add-on for the browser you are using to open the packet.
- If you are still having difficulties, please review this link: Personal History Statement Download Tips (PPT)