To ensure the health, safety, and well-being of all people who live, work, or visit the City by ensuring compliance with adopted building codes and City ordinances.
All Building Permit Fees will be due before permit issuance. No work may commence until fees are paid in full and your permit is issued.
Online Permit Submittals
The City of League City is moving to an online permit submittal process.
We are only processing the following permits online at this time: over the counter trades, roofing, irrigation, foundation repair, pools, generators, solar panels, and signs.
All contractors are able to do the following online:
- View permit status
- Pay permit fees
- Request inspections and see inspection results
Follow these steps to get set up with an online account:
- Please click below to register; you will need to check your email and confirm in order to continue the account registration process.
- After you’ve submitted your account registration, you will need to wait until it’s approved by our office. You may call our office to let us know if it is ready for approval; otherwise it should be ready within a business day, and the portal will then allow you to log in to your account.
Applying for permits:
- You must upload one consolidated PDF in the attachments when applying for a new permit. This should include a permit application and any plans or relevant permit documents.
- We will review your permit package and email you when the permit is ready for payment via your online account. You will also receive a notice of any comments that need to be addressed via email.
- Please call or email Building Department informing us that it’s paid for.
- We will verify your registration is current and issue your permit; you will then be able to print your permit/approved plans and schedule your inspections.
*You must include contact information and the specifics of the inspection requested in the comments box of the inspection request*
Please contact our office with any issues you encounter or questions you may have.
Construction Hours Permitted
Construction work may be conducted between the hours of 7 a.m. and 7 p.m. each day. Construction that takes place outside of these hours will be subject to the noise ordinance, and citations will be issued if not in compliance.
Code of Ordinances
The City of League City Building Department enforces the following codes:
- 2015 International Building Code
- 2015 International Residential Code
- 2015 International Fuel Gas Code
- 2015 International Mechanical Code
- 2015 International Plumbing Code
- 2015 Texas State Board of Plumbing Examiners Law/ Rules
- 2015 International Energy Code
- 2015 International Property Maintenance Code
- 2017 National Electrical Code
All plans must reference and be compliant with the City of League City adopted codes, including the ultimate design wind speed in addition to TDI requirements.
The City of League City revised its Chapter 22 Buildings and Building Regulations (PDF) ordinance on August 14, 2018.
The supplemental New Buildings and Building Regulation Fee Schedule (PDF) passed by City Council on June 11, 2019 outlines the fees associated with building permits, plan review, contractor registration, and re-inspections.