Telecommunication Operator - Now Hiring
Thank you for your interest in becoming a League City Police Department Communications Operator. A career with the League City Police Department is both exciting and personally fulfilling. We serve the largest city in Galveston County and are experiencing tremendous growth both within our community and our department. With this growth comes the opportunity to make a real difference in people’s lives. We are looking for role models who are committed to serving their community with professionalism, respect, integrity, dedication, and excellence. A Great Place to WorkLeague City Police Officers enjoy a very competitive salary and benefits package, including educational incentive pay, bilingual pay, paid vacations, and paid sick leave. In addition, we have comprehensive medical, dental, and retirement plans.
The Selection Process
The selection process is thorough and may take several weeks. All applicants must successfully pass each of the following phases in order to qualify for a position:
- Applicants meet all City of League City eligibility requirements;
- Registration is held;
- Applicants take a computer generated exam simulating dispatch skills;
- Applicants are interviewed by a Oral Review Board;
- A background investigation is conducted;
- A Polygraph Examination is administered;
- Psychological Evaluation;
- A Medical Examination & Drug Testing is done;
- The applicant is hired;
- Probationary Employee's was successfully complete a field training program;
- Probationary Employee's must demonstrate job proficiency in order to pass a one year probationary period.
Telecommunicator Testing Information
Communications Manager Kim Hera is contacting all applicants on file to arrange test dates. If you have submitted an application and have not yet been contacted you may contact Kim Hera at 281-338-4171 for assistance.
The League City Police Department utilizes a computer administered dispatch simulation testing software called CritiCall. The test generally takes approximately 2 1/2 hours to complete as applicants are assessed in multiple areas that include:
- Call summarization
- Character comparison
- Cross referencing
- Data entry
- Map reading
- Memory recall
- Reading comprehension
- Sentence clarity
Applicants are required to bring a photo ID for test admission. Applicants with visible tattoos will not be eligible for employment.
Post Test Procedures
Applicants with a passing score listed above are to complete and return a personal history packet (PDF) to the League City Police Department Communication Center:
Attn: Kim Hera, Communication Manager
555 West Walker Street
League City Texas 77573
Note: If you have trouble opening the Personal History Statement packet, you will need to do one of the following:
- Try using a different browser: Safari, Firefox, Mozilla, Chrome, or Internet Explorer
- Right click on the link and save the file to your desktop. Open the file, complete the forms, and print.
- Install the proper Adobe add-on for the browser you are using to open the packet.
In addition to the personal history packet, you must also fill out and submit an application. Choose the application for the appropriate employment position.