January 19, 2021 - January 20, 2021
Registration through TPCA Only
555 W Walker
League City, TX 77573
Basic Internal Affairs Investigations
Tuesday, January 19, 2021
This course is primarily aimed at inexperienced investigators and/or administrators that are seeking guidance in setting up internal investigative protocols. Topics include:
• Why do agencies conduct internal investigations and what is it about the policing environment that facilitates misconduct?
• What is the legal context of internal investigations?
• What are the strengths and weaknesses of internal investigations?
• Eleven general internal investigative principles.
• Investigative tactics; gathering evidence and conducting interviews.
• Formatting an internal investigation.
• Case studies and scenarios.