On Sunday, April 5, the Galveston County Health District announced 18 new positive COVID-19 cases in Galveston County residents. This brings the county’s case total to 240. To date, 2,600 Galveston County residents have been tested.
The GCHD recommends the following hygiene practices:
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds.
- If soap and water are not available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer with at least 60 percent alcohol.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose or mouth with unwashed hands.
- Cover coughs and sneezes with a tissue and then throw the tissue in the trash. If tissues are not available, cough and sneeze in your elbow. Do not cough and sneeze in your hands.
- Frequently clean and disinfect objects and surfaces using a regular household cleaning spray or wipe.
The GCHD also recommends the following social distancing practices:
- Avoid all gatherings of 10 or more people.
- Maintain at least 6 feet separation from others.
- Limit contact with people outside of your household. Avoid social visits.
- Limit visits and keep your distance from older relatives, especially those who are at a higher risk for developing serious COVID-19 illness.
- Avoid unnecessary travel.
For more information on COVID-19, visit www.gchd.org/coronavirus.
If you have questions about COVID-19, please call the GCHD information call center at 409.938.7221, option 1.