The virus that causes COVID-19 can be spread to others by infected persons who have few or no symptoms. Even if an infected person is only mildly ill, the people they spread it to may become seriously ill or even die, especially if that person is 65 or older with preexisting health conditions that place them at higher risk. Because of the hidden nature of this threat, League City is asking all residents to take the ‘”Citizen Protection Pledge” to show their commitment to protect everyone in our community, including those who are most vulnerable.
By taking the pledge, League City residents promise to do their best to follow these practices:
- Maintain at least 6 feet separation from other individuals not within their same household
- Practice good hygiene and cough etiquette and maintain a clean and sanitized home and work environment.
- Self-screen for any signs of illness before going into a business or to work.
- Wash or disinfect hands upon entering a business and after any interaction with employees, other customers, or items in the business.
- Consider wearing cloth face when entering a business, or when within 6 feet of another person who is not a member of their household.
- Avoid being within 6 feet of individuals aged 65 and older.
To show you have taken the pledge, you can:
- Download and print one of these signs. Take a selfie holding the sign or a group shot with your family. Post on social media using #LCPledge
Sign for Selfie
Sign for Group Picture
- Replace your social media profile images with the images below.