July 6, 2019, 7:00 PM - 9:30 PM @ Rustic Oaks Park
Join us at the Rustic Oaks Park on the first Saturday of every month from April to November for a totally free and fun evening of amateur astronomy rain or shine.
Besides current celestial events, we typically show:
• A 100’ model of the solar system (Sun to Mars – Jupiter and Saturn in the distance) around 7:00pm for kids of all ages in the summer (before night fall)
• Major constellations and asterisms and their legends
• Telescope observation of the stars and visible planets
• Binocular astronomy demonstrations
• Computer displays of free astronomy software, DVDs and presentations in the shelter when the weather is bad.
• Q&A with amateur astronomers and scientists
• Flyers describing the moon and its phases, the scale of the solar system, the major constellations and asterisms visible now, a list of relevant URLs, free software from the net, etc.
Contact: Daniel M. Roy: firstname.lastname@example.org, (210) 792 3255 and (210) 810 7895.