September 7, 2019, 8:00 AM - 12:00 PM @ League City Training Field
The public is invited to participate in the 9-11 Memorial Stair Climb to honor and remember those who lost their lives on September 11, 2001. League City volunteer firefighters will strap on their gear to walk 110 flights at the training tower, a tribute to the number of stairs in the twin towers. Residents who attend can watch and or participate.
September 7, 2019, 7:00 PM - 9:30 PM @ Rustic Oaks Park
Join us at the Rustic Oaks Park on the first Saturday of every month from April to November for a totally free and fun evening of amateur astronomy rain or shine.
Besides current celestial events, we typically show:
• A 100’ model of the solar system (Sun to Mars – Jupiter and Saturn in the distance) around 7:00pm for kids of all ages in the summer (before night fall)
• Major constellations and asterisms and their legends
• Telescope observation of the stars and visible planets
• Binocular astronomy demonstrations
• Computer displays of free astronomy software, DVDs and presentations in the shelter when the weather is bad.
• Q&A with amateur astronomers and scientists
• Flyers describing the moon and its phases, the scale of the solar system, the major constellations and asterisms visible now, a list of relevant URLs, free software from the net, etc.
Contact: Daniel M. Roy: firstname.lastname@example.org, (210) 792 3255 and (210) 810 7895.